Sunday, June 05, 2005

Week in Review

This week's goal was to meet with a manufacturer, a potentially new contact from a new friend I met at a party. The meeting didn't happen, as work-work became a flurry of changing graphic designers, writing the monthly analysis of the website traffic, and writing a board memo. Hence, I forgot to call the manufacturer to cancel the meeting, and hope he will not think horrible thoughts of me. It's moved to next week's to-do list. I have three patterns to show him, thanks to the good work of Seamstress Karin (well, two are from her, and one is from me), plus two other clothing items that he can asses.

Last year's goal was to apply for the trademark, which I still have not done. The whole office is moving, so they cannot accept online applications over the weekend, and they're are moving on the weekend. Hence, another week without trademark. Next week, or else.

Just when I thought the weekend was over, I ran into a dog friend (person who also walks her dog in the park) who started a business training and boarding dogs. Her competition has little doggie-treat pouches with the competition’s label on them. He either hands them out or sells them to his clients. One of her clients attended doggie-class with the competition's doggie-treat pouch, and my dog friend just couldn't have that. So? She asked me to create one for her. After tanning (ok, burning) myself for a couple hours in the Central Park sun, I came home to put together the pattern, which is simple, but involves Velcro and plastic, two items which I do not have at the apartment. So next week's mission will also include exploring the worlds of Velcro and plastic linings.

Gerdy would really like to go outside now, and employ the new doggie-treat pouch. What should I call it? Treaties? Doggie-pouch? Keep thinking and get back to me. Gerdy has crawled under the couch in a massive pout until we go outside, so that's all for now.

2 comments:

Kelly Harms Wimmer said...

And in other news: Blogger had a birthday! Happy Birthday Baby!

Unknown said...

Thank you, NYCM! As stated earlier, I spent the glorious day roasting my body, and received an adorable Brighton straw bag from my boy. I'm not a straw bag kind of gal, but this had lime green leather woven in, with matching lime green leather handles.

Other presents included a picture frame-puzzle, that I will constantly visually put together while digging through my underwear drawer. This has the potential to really slow down my morning....