Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Crossed-Eyed at TEA(S)

10:59pm and I've just finished reading my confirmation from the USPTO (US Patent and Trademark Office), where I applied electronically over their TEAS service, the one that's not open on the weekends due to their office's moving.

Thanks to NYCM's father's straightforward legal council, I approached the application with the right (I hope) photos of my desired trademark in use. In 7 months (mark your calendars), I'll hear back. Then, my computer promptly died in exhausted protest.

My little computer is freaking by clicking when I start to IM or sporadically email then freezes like a fly on a windshield on the Route 1 headed up the east coast. The Apple Store was most unhelpful and unsympathetic at my predicament, and advised me to make an appointment online or come in at 6am when no one is there (no shit no one is there). I advised the 'genius' behind the Genius Bar that their genius brains didn't think of the fact that since my computer won't OPERATE I can't go online to make the appointment.

Geniuses.

Hopefully a genius lawyer will call me with very little problems in my application, and on we'll go!

No comments: