Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Glory Days and Chocolate Milk

Whenever I settle in to sip a mug of cold chocolate milk, I always drink it from the special David mug. The mug where David's old roommate so thoughtfully imprinted onto porcelain David's perm. Yes, you read that right. Perm. It was almost the clincher to our young relationship, when I found out that he'd had not one, but several perms:

Me: So, did you like, spray the curl stuff on it? I totally remember what that smells like.
David: Well...sometimes they made it curlier than others.

Sometimes?? I called my sister right away to get permission to continue dating him. Granted, his glory days started in the 80s, and he had three sisters 'pushing' him into these decisions. But isn't he cute? Look at the bangs! hehe.



(Mom, don't freak out about cyber stalkers. He looks totally different now. Much less hair.)

Permalink

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look like Ben Stiller's cousin...really cute- definitely a good look for the 80's! Katie, we give you permission to continue dating David, as he is a wonderful man, but just tell him NO MORE perms in the future.

love, Content in Cleveland

Kelly Harms Wimmer said...

OH mAn! I can't believe you're not going to get in trouble for this one. You're going to have to come up with something pretty fabulous for V-day now. Speaking of which, what are you doing? What will I do??? Help me, Fashionmista!

Anonymous said...

That is seriously one of the funniest things I have ever seen!!!

I totally laughed my head off out loud!!!

-A

Unknown said...

I got permission! It was better than me putting the picture of him sleeping with a pink stuffed hippo on his head, like I was gonna do the other night (to block the light)!

Why I delcare, I just don't know what we're doing for valentine's day! In terms of presents, it's going to be very Starbucks for him, but as for our plans, all I know is that I'm not the one who's making the reservations, so who knows!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh. what a grand day this is. I finally get to SEE the INFAMOUS PERM! and what better to use the mug for than cold choc. milk.

oh kotie! I'm having severe printer problems here today. trying to print my child development reading. I wish I had KT the IT girl.

heart.

Unknown said...

Oh no! Just try talking to the printer, maybe that will help. I think that printers in general are rallying to go on a grand strike. They're sick of us just replacing them, so they are making life really difficult. I barely use mine here, although I do use its scanner. But I love the laser one at work. Mega printing with that baby.

Good luck!