Friday, September 16, 2005

Bloggin From Akron!

Good old Akron, OH. Leave it to the Akron Airport to not have a Starbucks, and only one food station (which is new), and now two sets of bathrooms, and one unprotected wireless access! This is exciting. David and I are in the airport waiting for my mom to pick us up. Already saw one Clevelander on the plane who's also taking advantages of the low fares out of Akron.



As many of you don't know, I do a lot of waiting at this airport. Usually it's for a ride home, but the first time it was on 9/11/01 when I had a one way ticket to move to New York City with a two week cat sitting job and no apartment. I didn't go, obviously, as the attack occurred moments after I arrived at the airport. I didn't come until the following February 15th (and moved right next door to David...only 1.5 years later would he confess his feelings to me in our elevator...).

David says hi to Bloggerville. He's reading the Akron Summit to see what neat things there are to do here. So far there are only maps and things about golf.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On a different point entirely. Back to frames direct. OMG, as Kelly would say. I also was shopping at Cohen Optical. I fell for a pair of titanium rimless glasses. The frames were listed at $350. Just the frames. Hence my inquiry as to how much a person could spend. He said he could do with lenses for $475. I have insurance, to a degree, so I was considering it. Then, frames direct. Went and found the same pair for about $260 altogether (now if only I can find a $40 eye exam I'd be in budget). But that isn't the worst. Certain frames of the brand ARE original retail price above $300 and frames direct had those for almost half off. But MY frames WERE NOT original retail that much. The suggested retail was $200. I am agast. They were trying to pass them off as the more expensive ones. Better Business Bureau anyone?

Unknown said...

OMG! I hoped I saved your budget. Lord knows mine is shot because I already bought them, and yet I do no have them yet. They were to be ready on Wednesday. By Thursday, I whined because I was going out of town and wanted them, and they said they would overnight them to arrive on Saturday. No such luck. Now I fly back to New York with still no glasses. Maybe they will arrive here at my mom's house on Monday, as maybe someone forgot to check "for Saturday delivery." Wonder if there is any way to back out of the deal...

I'm going to blog attack the heck out of them. Anyone care to join me?