Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Out of the Blogosphere...

Much is too come, but for the weekend, I fell right out of the blogosphere, too busy collapsing onto the bathroom floor when my hair would take a curl from the blow-dryer (oh wait, that was KellyW who collapsed after running a mini10K on Saturday, and sun-burning the daylights out of her body on the beach on Sunday). Previously, 520 New Yorkers apparently are dying to be a part time office assistant, as we discovered on Friday after posting a job alert on Craig's list.

Saturday found me rejecting the computer in favor of Gerdy and myself cheering KellyW on at the 9am race, followed by a nice lay in the sun, followed by an enormous freesbie team picking my spot to have their game (I was in the end zone, apparently), followed by a quick dash to Mood (the best fabric store in NY as far as I can tell so far in my little experience) to look for canvas and plastic liner for a doggie treat bag, which turned into - gasp - a mad hunt for VYNAL to line the pouch. What a fun little bag this thing is going to be!

Wait, not done...followed by a bachelorette party where lasagna, wine and decorating of tutu's was involved - plus sauntering on down to the bars in the tutu's. Know this: everyone should take part in a tutu decorating party. Pictures to come, as my iBook's harddrive is on the caputz (wimper).

Sunday wrapped it up with a special sushi dinner with NYCM of Country Mice in the City with her blogstalker, Kyle! Nice young man. I brought a bodyguard just in case.

Stay tuned for a quick office work-out, my bad hair that no longer responds to the blow dryer, and a sweet early birthday present that I should have blogged about last weekend when it was given to me.

PS: "bachelorette" is not in Word's dictionary! I may have spelled it wrong here, but still!

And has anyone seen my sister?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We all thought you only ate Alladin's and poptarts! There's always JetBlue for a cheap flight, or flyi.com, or Airtran...

Unknown said...

Beyond sushi. Not sure I know a world beyond sushi and sake. As for knitters, I know only a few, so your chances of finding single women who don't knit are looking good! I'll get to work on this right away. Meantime, applicants can begin applying on this blog via comments.

WANTED: comic-art loving, IM enabled, knitting OK