Monday, August 24, 2009

Tilapia: I Cooked the most Yummy Breaded Fish and Homemade Tarter Sauce

Determined to cook something other than chicken with creamy pasta (of which I'm a pro), I'm attempting to cook dinner for my husband. A feat that does not usually happen in our early married life. I usually work until he comes home, at which point, he looks at the empty, scentless kitchen and reaches for the canister of delivery menus. It's really gotten bad. And I'm so over that delivery food because I think it made me put on 10lbs. So here goes.

But wait you say - this is a fatty meal. Breaded and fried in oil? No, I tell you. Here is what it is made with:
  • saffron oil (as opposed to soybean oil)
  • fresh breadcrumbs from the Silver Spoon Bakery
  • organic eggs and flour for dipping the fillet of tilapia into

And the tarter sauce? Harmless Helmans regular mayonnaise with minced:
(1 tablespoon each)
  • red onion
  • dill pickle
  • capers
  • fresh parsley

Delish I tell you. And David gave it a thumbs up! I must say, I was also totally inspired by Julie and Julia, in that, she cooks for someone.

No comments: