People have asked: "So what is it like?"
David has stated: "You are wearing makeup...but you're not at the office!"
Here are some answers:
1. Looking good is feeling good. That is the motto at Katie James. So a girl's got to look her best, if not for the appliance man than for herself. I wear makeup to "the office" aka little room off the kitchen. Sometimes it includes eyeliner, sometimes just shadow.
2. Think I am actually getting sun. By not being under the florescents anymore, these windows, that can at times be enemies by letting in cold air, are letting in bright light and at the end of the day, I have slight freckles.
3. When it's cold outside, and you're on the 9th floor with windows all around, you are a bit jealous of distant co-workers who are snuggled in a sealed office with heat. In theory. Sometimes it can get cold in an office.
4. Don't see the FedEx man so much as I see the Appliance Man for the stove. It's been 2 weeks now with no stove, and I've seen him 3 times, and his buddy in training. Also I see the exterminator, who is affraid of dogs and insists Gerdy gets put into the back bedroom. Dumb on my part, as that is a perfect way to get rid of my protection, so next time, he's just not going to come in and spray I guess. Also I see and my crazy neighbor more often.
5. If you shower a bit late, say at 9:15am, after a run in the park, and are sweaty, your super can call and say that the hot water will be turned off, so take the last bit of water. This is included in this list because at 9:15am last month, I was on my subway commute. This way puts me with water cut off mid-shower, only to use remaining water trickling out of the faucet to rinse conditioner.
6. Blog and blowdry. You can blog and blowdry your hair. You can do this at anytime, but it feels worky to do.
Home | Link to this