Saturday, March 24, 2007

Benefits Mascara - Not So Beneficial

Hate to admit this, but I was wrong about Benefits Mascara. I was first warned by a friend that Benefits mascara smelled. Writing it off as peculiar PMS high-alert senses, I continued to use it. Then my sister complained after using it (attempted theft is more like it), saying that it went on super clumpy. I wrote that off as the hardships from having already long and thick lashes.

When I bought my second bottle from Sephora, I could not deny the smell, the lightness of the bottle, and the clumpiness on my own lashes. It could have been a bad bottle from Sephora, but I don't think so. First of all, any makeup bought from a Sephora store is suspect because of all of the unqualified, public hands that get all over it and mess it up. Yes, I have bought Benefits eyeshadow, that I love, but that had been dipped into. The shadow and lip gloss that also came with the shadow set were marked. I just don't like Sephora.

But the Benefit mascara was a disappointment. The next mascara to try on my list was Dior. I was in Saks with my Newly Engaged Mista friend, and while walking out, walked right past the Dior counter. I of course got a mini-makeover and bought the mascara, which I must say has a nicely perfumed smell. It also brings a very delicate look to my lash, which I like. But, I'm going to do an official post on it, because my Dental Mista friend said that she is married to Maybeline's mascara. So I will get it from Duanne Reade and compare. Stay tuned.

Home | Link to this

4 comments:

Mlle Smith said...

Maybelline's Great Lash Mascara is THE BEST MASCARA. People actually make COMMENTS when I wear it! There's a reason it's the best-selling mascara in the country since it's inception.

Trust me, you won't want to try anything else afterward. :0)

I used to try to use Lancome's Definicils, but it's just not like Great Lash. Great Lash really does it for me.

Mista said...

Great to know! And love the ballet flats on your blog!

tina said...

Consider the underdog favorite as well- I have recently settled on Maybeline Full 'n Soft for my most days mascara. Funny, I also compare to Lancome, I love their L'Extreme, but mine is a little old and got clumpy. Plus, and it is funny to say it, but it is a little too good, and looks over dressed in many environments- people do double takes.

tina said...

Consider the underdog favorite as well- I have recently settled on Maybeline Full 'n Soft for my most days mascara. Funny, I also compare to Lancome, I love their L'Extreme, but mine is a little old and got clumpy. Plus, and it is funny to say it, but it is a little too good, and looks over dressed in many environments- people do double takes.